The number of PIXIE Master devices depends on the generation of devices in use.
- – When using ANY Gen1 and / or Gen2 devices the recommended range is 32 – 42master devices in one (1) PIXIE HOME.
- – When using EXCLUSIVLEY Gen3 products its possible to have up to 128 master PIXIE devices in a single PIXIE HOME.
How to identify PIXIE devices by Part Number #
- – Products that end in BTAM – are Gen3 Master devices
- – Product that end in BTAS – are Gen3 Secondary Devices ( do not scan in the apps)
- – Products which end in BT – are Gen1 or Gen2 Master or Secondary devices
These recommended limits are for Master PIXIE Devices only and does not count Secondary devices such as Multifunction Controllers (SMF/BTAS) or Multiway switches (S2W/BTAS).
With the addition of a PIXIE gateway (whether Gen1 or Gen3), users can create multiple homes ( 1 Gateway =1 home) and with the PIXIE PLUS App switch between homes to control devices, groups and scenes from the App.
So, for example in a multi-story large home, each level could represent a new home.
In this case each home/level would have its own PIXIE Gateway and it would have its own set of schedules, devices, groups and scenes.
Using a voice assistant like Google Home or Amazon Echo, its possible to integrate voice-controlled functions across all levels/homes for an integrated solution.
If you have a very large home using PIXIE G3 master devices and PIXIE G3 Gateway its possible to control all devices across all gateways using the PIXIE Touch Panel
Installing 1 or more PIXIE Touch Panel provides a customisable, centralised wall controller which can control devices across multiple gateways in the same home.
Home owners can customise the home page for each location the touch panel is mounted to maximise ease of use and comfort, being able to hide or show devices, groups and scenes from different gateways no matter where in the home the devices are located or how large the home is.
Download the PIXIE PLUS Technical Overview for more information