The PIXIE SDD300BTAM trailing edge dimmer works with the full range of SAL flickerGUARD downlights.
What is flickerGUARD? #
flickerGUARD is a new technology re-introduced to a range of SAL downlights to reduce (significantly) the possibility and amplitude for LED downlight flickering related to harmonic induced flickering.
For a small additional price increase, installation of flickerGUARD downlights can resolve and / or improve a range of LED downlight flickering instances.
This is different to flicker GUARD in 3 distinct ways:
- 1) Users MUST use the specific SFI or rippleSHIELD enabled lights
- 2) Users MUST use the specific PIXIE SDD400DFI dimmer
- 3) There is a price premium AND there is 100% elimination of flicker in all reported cases to date
What downlights are available in the flickerGUARD range? #
There are 3 different ranges in the SAL flickerGUARD family which have been designed to be controlled from 3 recommended dimmers to significantly reduce flickering of LED downlights related to a number of causes in Australia experiencing nuisance harmonic induced flicker.
- 1)The WAVE Downlight – S9065TC/WH/FG
- 2) the ECOGEM Downlight – S9041TC2/WH/FG
- 3) The Coolum Downlight – S9068TC/WH/FG / S9068TC/BK/FG
What dimmers work with flickerGUARD? #
The recommended dimmers for flickerGUARD enabled products from SAL are listed below:
- 1) SAL Analogue Rotary Dimmer – SDA450U/LED
- 2) SAL Push Button Digital Dimmer – SDD350UM
- 3) PIXIE Smart Dimmer ( Bluetooth Mesh Smart Home Dimmer) – SDD300BTAM