Yes as of December 2022, its possible to upload photos from your mobile device to use as the wall paper for your PIXIE Touch Panel.
You must first update both your PIXIE Plus App and your PIXIE Touch Panel
How to Update PIXIE Touch Panel #
This is a simple process that takes about 1 minute and assumes your internet is active.
- – From the PIXIE Touch Panel home screen press the little cog in the top right hand corner
- – From the list select the ABOUT section
- – At the bottom of this screen is an UPDATE button – press this to start the process
If the Touch Panel indicates there are no updates then you are ready to proceed to the next step
How To Upload Photos #
Uploading photos requires both your PIXIE PLUS App on our mobile device and the PIXIE Touch Panel.
The photos you wish to upload should already be available on your mobile device.
Note that because of the resolution dimensions of the PIXIE Touch Panel some photos will be cropped when uploaded.
Ideal Sizes and Quantity of Photos #
PIXIE recommends the following guidelines when uploading photos to the Touch Panel
- – Maximum # of Photos: <10
- – Ideal Image size (MB): 10MB
If choosing not to follow these ideal photo size recommendations may result is sluggish or unexpected behavior of the Touch Panel
Start with the Touch Panel #
First get your Touch Panel ready then move to the PIXIE PLUS App.
- – From the home page press the little cog in the top right hand corner
- – Select Screensaver on the following list
- – Select Choose Pictures on the next page
- – You will see a PLUS “+” sign in the top left hand corner atop this page.
- – Once pressed a QR code will appear that needs to be scanned with your phone from within the PIXIE PLUS App
Using the PIXIE PLUS App #
On the screen of the Touch Panel are instructions for your to head to your PIXIE PLUS App.
Settings –> Configuration –> Touch Panel –> Upload Pictures and then tap SCAN.
For most homeowners this will be how your network is setup.
If however you have special configurations or VLAN’s created you must join the Wi-Fi network with your phone that aligns with the IP subnet of the Touch Panel for this operation to work.
When you tap the scan button in the app, move the camera to capture the QR code on your touch panel – the PIXIE PLUS App will tell you if it encounters any network configuration issues for your to rectify before moving to the next stage.
Now you can choose which photos you would like to add to your touch panel.
Take note of the ideal photo recommendations above.
Depending in the primary colours used in the photos you upload you may or may not b able to see the time, weather, date text if you have enabled these functions on the touch panel.
For now, use a different photo.
A future update will provide more options to rectify this current issue.