Yes PIXIE can control low voltage garden light and 240V garden lighting.
This is achieved with a variety of products in the PIXIE range.
Care must be taken with low voltage garden lights as these will typically come with a transformer.
This will control up to 2 circuits of garden lighting – 1 on each relay.
On wall control is then provided by installing 1 or 2 of the PIXIE SMF/BTAS and pairing each of these to the corresponding relay on the Dual Relay Controller.
This Dual Relay Control device has no minimum load requirement – like the PIXIE smart switches do – and hence there is no need to use capacitors to assist the relays to close.
This is a PIXIE Master device with full scheduling capabilities too.
We understand this is not always possible due to mounting locations and other factors and have provided further information below to assist.
Transformer types #
These transformers come in 2 different types;
- – Iron Core Transformers (Inductive Load) – big, bulky and heavy
- – Electronic Transformers (Resistive Load typically) – smaller and lighter
Load Considerations #
Using the PIXIE products there are some limitations with the maximum capacity of the load that can be driven.
- POWERFACTOR: < 0.7
- INRUSH: > 24A
As of March 2023 the following drivers ARE NOT compatible with PIXIE SWL600 or STS600 devices due to less than recommended power factor and in rush characteristics
⇒ Aquatran AQD 24V DC,
⇒ 100W Havit HV9653 12V, 60W
⇒ Weatherproof LED driver QZAO 24V, 200W waterproof LED driver
- 1. PIXIE Smart Switch / Timer Switch – SWL350BT / STS350BT – 350Watts Resistive load | 80W MAX. inductive load ( iron core transformer )
- 2. PIXIE Smart Switch – SWL600BTAM – 600Watts Resistive load | 120W MAX. inductive load ( iron core transformer )
- 3. PIXIE Dual Relay Controller* – PC206DR-R-BTAM – 6AMPS Resistive Load | 500W MAX. Inductive load ( iron core transformer)
- * Note the Dual Relay controller has no minimum load _ UNLIKE the SWL350 or SWL600 versions which have a minimum load requirement of 13W.
- * If you turn the switch on and it turns off again shortly after you have a minimum load issue. This is easily solved by connected the CAPACITOR included in the box across the LOAD & NEUTRAL for the affected lighting circuit.
You can download the documents below to assist.
PIXIE Smart Switch (SWL350BT) #
PIXIE Smart Switch 600W (SWL600BTAM) #
PIXIE Dual Relay Controller (PC206DR-R-BTAM) #