Yes PIXIE provides integrated control with Mitsubishi Electric Air Conditioning systems – both split and ducted systems.
This provides the ability to control the Mitsubishi Electric air conditioning system using the PIXIE PLUS App and the PIXIE Touch panel.
This is compatible with Mitsubishi Electric M Series, P Series and CITY MULTI indoor units manufactured after January 2015.
What is Needed to Make this work? #
There are specific models and components needed to make this integration operate correctly.
A Compatible Mitsubishi Electric System #
Check here for latest models: https://www.mitsubishielectric.com.au/product/mac-568if-e-wi-fi-controller/
As of July 29023 here is a re-published list:
- MSZ-GE22/25/35/42/50VA(D) and MSZ-GE60/71/80VA(D)
- CITY MULTI indoor units*
A Mitsubishi Electric WiFi device. #
The Mitsubishi MAC-568IF-E Wi-Fi Wi-Fi module installed on each compatible version which you would like to integrate with PIXIE:
A PIXIE SGW3/BTAM Gateway #
You must be using the PIXIE PLUS app and PIXIE Gen3 gateway with up to date firmware – updated after June 2023
This integration provides both mobile device setup and control ( phone, tablet etc. – on both iOS and Android) as well as PIXIE Touch Panel operation of the activated Mitsubishi Air Conditioning Systems.
Essential Steps #
(1) Install the air conditioning system with all of the normal thermostats and wall stations as normal including the necessary Wi-Fi module as detailed above.
(2) Install the PIXIE solution, connect the PIXIE G3 Gateway to the home network and PIXIE PLUS App
(3) The Mitsubishi Electric system must be setup initially using the Mitsubishi Electric Wi-Fi Control App downloaded from the App Store or Google Play Store.
(4) The Mitsubishi Electric Wi-Fi module and the PIXIE G3 Gateway must be on the same subnet IP of your home network.
(5) From the PIXIE PLUS App, scan for new devices and add the AIR CON items found.
What is the Outcome Achieved? #
Its possible to control the following either from the PIXIE PLUS App and / or the PIXIE Touch Panel (Part#: STP54BTAS) directly without using the on-wall control panel or the Mitsubishi Electric App.
- ⇒ Control or Monitor from Anywhere
- ⇒ Turn air conditioners on/off
- ⇒ Change temperature set point
- ⇒ Change Operating Modes (Auto, Heat, Cool, Dry, Fan)
- ⇒ Change fan speeds
- ⇒ Change airflow direction (Swing and direction)
PIXIE Scenes #
In addition to these discreet functions, using PIXIE Scenes, users can create scenes to enable specific modes ( auto, cool, heat, dry, fan); a temperature set point; fan speed; and swing operation in any combination desired.
Then, pressing a single SCENE function in PIXIE will set all of these variables for the affected Mitsubishi Electric system/s.
As scenes can also be paired to PIXIE Multifunction controllers which are mounted on the wall, these scene can be recalled from a single-tap or double tap function from one or more multifunction buttons.
PIXIE Schedules #
As the Mitsubishi Electric systems appear in the app as a single device its possible to schedule these in multiple ways.
- ⇒ As an individual device with specific operational characteristics according to its type – ducted or split system.
- ⇒ As part of a scene, where the Mitsubishi Electric systems are just one of the PIXIE devices being controlled in that scene. For example a “Prepare Home” scene could set all the Air cons, lights, fans and blinds in a home to be just like you like them automatically from a schedule.
- ⇒ Of course a Scene with JUST the air conditioning can be created too.
Voice Control Air Conditioning #
As the Mitsubishi Electric air conditioning systems are now part of the PIXIE ecosystem, its possible to control them with your voice too.
The best way to do this is to create scenes and then use voice commands to activate your scenes.
This provides Mitsubishi Electric air conditioning systems the ability to access Alexa, Google Home, SIRI shortcuts voice assistants for a more integrated smart home solution.
PIXIE PROGRAMode for More Sophisticated Scenarios #
The new sophisticated PROGRAMode for PIXIE Plus provides yet another way for the Mitsubishi Electric aircon systems to be controlled from PIXIE.
The PROGRAMode can be used to create sophisticated automated operations based on how the home is being used.
For example if the homeowner has Split air/con system in the study as well as a PIXIE Dimmer.
A PROGRAM could be created:
If the day is Monday to Friday, between 6pm and 12pm, from 1st June until the 31 August AND
The PIXIE Dimmer is ON in the STUDY
Turn on the Aircon to HEAT at 25degrees, fan speed 1, auto-swing enabled.
What Cannot be Achieved? #
Zoning cannot be achieved as the API ( programming interface) provided does not permit 3rd parties to provide zone control.
We are currently exploring other methods to control zoning and will provide an updated in due course.