Yes, using PIXIE PLUS and your Sonos S2 app and Sonos Speaker / Systems, its possible to control and integrate Sonos and PIXIE together in your PIXIE smart home.
For example, your “Welcome Home” scene can include starting a Playlist so you arrive home to your favourite tunes or podcast.
Like wise on leaving you could activate your “Goodbye” scene and pause your music.
Whilst this integration does provide some discreet functionality control as detailed below, it provides the ideal smart home experience when used as part of more encompassing scenes such as welcome home, goodbye, party etc.,
(1) Update First! #
(2) Check Compatibility with Sonos #
You need to be sure your Sonos devices are compatible with the Sonos S2 App
Check compatibility here:
(3) Setup Sonos Through Your Sonos App first #
Follow the Sonos Instructions here to add your Sonos devices to your Sonos App:
Once completed, LINK the PIXIE PLUS Account to your SONOS Account
- 1. Press the COG in the top right hand corner
- 2. Select “Connect to SONOS”
- 3. Link your PIXIE PLUS Account to your SONOS Account – Press the “Link to SONOS” button
- 4. Follow the process as detailed below in pictures
What Control is Provided? #
PIXIE is Compatible with Sonos using the Sonos Cloud API.
You must also have your PIXIE G3 Gateway on the same network as your Sonos AND your mobile device connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Sonos.
List of Control Capabilities #
With this Sonos integration it is possible to perform the following functions:
⇒ Play current Playlist or Song
⇒ Pause current Playlist or Song
⇒ Go to next song in Playlist
⇒ Go to previous song in Playlist
⇒ Volume Up (increase volume by 1)
⇒ Volume Down (decrease volume by 1)
Note that PIXIE does not provide the ability to select playlists or songs, this must first be done in your Sonos App environment.
How can these be activated? #
As PIXIE uses PIXIE Scenes to control these Sonos functions, it is possible to use these functions in all scenarios where you currently use scenes.
- – From the PIXIE PLUS App and Widgets
- – From the PIXIE Touch Panel
- – From the PIXIE PLUS App
- – Via voice control using any of your linked Voice assistants including SIRI shortcuts and Apple Watch
- – Via a button/s on the wall using the SMF/BTAS and SMFR/BTAS – Multifunction controllers.
4 Examples of PIXIE Wall Plates for use with Sonos #
Below we have provided 4 different examples of how you could deploy a wall plate to control Sonos using PIXIE
Can I play my Spotify Playlists? #
Yes, by linking your Sonos and Spotify accounts you can now play your Spotify playlists using PIXIE PLUS and integrate them into your PIXIE scenes.
More information can be found in the knowledgebase article: