All Master and Secondary devices can have their firmware upgraded.
Firmware is the software that each device has embedded and from time to time there may be updated to fix a bug or introduce new features that coincide with an APP update as well.
NOTE: If your PIXIE Smarthome is operating without any issues there is no need to update the firmware on any devices.
Bulk Firmware Updates #
As of March 2023 ANDROID PIXIE PLUS users can now use bulk Firmware updates! ( iOS to follow in due course … soon …) – This is a great time saving innovation – So how does this work?
- 1. The PIXIE PLUS App gives you the option for a BULK firmware update when you navigate to the Master Device firmware update
- 2. Then depending on where you are in the home, it will determine which devices are in reach to be able to successfully complete a firmware update – Signal strength of 3 or greater is needed.
- 3. Then it will *simultaneously* update devices that use the same firmware stack and hold the others, and then group update those
- 4. You may have to move if some devices re determined to not be in range.
Single Firmware Updates #
Its still possible to perform a single update as needed.
Rules for Updating Firmware
- 1. You must be physically within 1 metre of the device being upgraded for the entire update timeframe. The PIXIE App will notify you once the update is done.
- 2. Only 1 device can be updated at a time from a single mobile device. If you are using the PIXIE PLUS APP and have multiple mobile devices with access to the PIXIE home, then each device can update the firmware of a device at the same time as other devices. In this way, if you had 4 iPhone connected – as an example – you can update 4 devices simultaneously.
- 3. It takes about 2-3 minutes per device to update – so so if you have a lot of devices – adding additional devices into the home to perform the simultaneous update is recommended to save time.
How to Update #
You can update from either the PIXIE APP or the PIXIE PLUS APP
- – From the home screen select the COG icon in the top right hand corner
- – PIXIE PLUS –> Advanced –> Update Master Device / Secondary Device Firmware
- — The App will scan the PIXIE devices in your home and compare the current firmware version in each device with the actual current version
- — If your list in blank everything is up to date
- — When items appear in the list press the Update button next to each item and wait for the to update.